How to Use iTransfer: Manage & Transfer Photos
iTransfer (download link: for Mac, for PC) is a robust and full-featured utility that makes it easy to manage and transfer contents amongst your iOS devices, Android devices, iTunes and computer. It does everything from migration of media content between your mobile devices and computer all the way through to rebuilding your entire iTunes library, to creating, deleting, renaming playlists, fixing music ID3 tags and moving tracks from one playlist to another on your iPhone library, and even to rooting your Android phones and more.
Now, we will show you how to manage and transfer your different types of media files respectively. Click any article on the list below to get into the detailed instructions. Note that the process is exactly the same whether you own a Windows PC or a Mac.
Part 5: Transfer & Manage Photos on Camera Roll, Photo Library, My Photo Stream, etc.
The artilce includes 3 parts. 1) Transfer photos from iOS & Android devices to computer and other iOS & Android devices; 2) Add photos from computer to your iOS & Android devices; 3) Manage photos in your device media library
1) Transfer photos from iOS & Android to Mac/ PC and another iOS & Android device
- Launch the software and plug your iOS & Android device into the computer. If you have more than one device connected, please select the one that you want to transfer photos from in the upper left-hand corner of the interface.
- Click Photos button on the navigation bar, this will bring up a window where you can see your photos are sorted by several categories on the sidebar: Camera Roll, Photo Library, Photo Shared, etc.. Clicking on any of these categories will display its content on the right pane. By default, the selected category is Camera Roll.
- Next, select the photos you want to transfer. You can choose to pick the entire media library, a specific category, or individual photos (Ctrl+click on PC, Cmd+click on Mac).
- Press Export button on the top row under navigation menu, then select Export to PC/Mac or Export to Device > [your device].
- Wait until the utility has completed the transferring process.
2) Add photos from computer to your iOS & Android devices
To import media files from your Mac/ PC's and put onto your devices, follow:
- Click Add button and then in its drop-down menu select Add File (individual photos) or Add Folder (full folder of photos) to add photos from your computer.
- Next, in the opening dialog, specify a local folder on your computer to save the photos, followed by Open button.
3) Manage music and playlists in media library of your device
Select one or more photos, then from right-click context menu, you can
- Delete it from your device (alternatively, use the Delete button on the top row)
- Select all of photos in the category
- Export to your Mac/ PC's
- Export to your another Android & iOS device
- Convert to GIF (we'll cover it in the later paragraphs)
- Check Photo Info (available for photos captured by your device)
In Photo Library category, you can even add a selection of photos from one sub-category to another.
Right click on a specific photo category on the left pane, then from right-click context menu, you can
- Delte an album
- Rename the album
- Export the full album of photo to your PC/ Mac
- Create a new album
The program also gives you ability to convert photos/ videos and create animated GIFs.
To Create GIF from Photos,
- Select two or more photos from the photos window, click Convert to GIF button on the top row of the interface, or choose Convert to GIF option from the right-click context menu.
- A window shoud pop up, you can click Add button to add more photos, and set the parameter settings and destination folder if required.
- After everything's OK, click Create GIF.
To Create GIF from Videos,
- Select the video from the list, and click Convert to GIF on the top row, or right-click on the selected video and select Convert to GIF from the right-click menu.
- A window will pop up, you can set the parameter settings including start time/end time, output size, frame rate or leave them alone.
- When you're satisfy with your settings, click Create GIF.
That's all there is to it!
More detailed instructions about the iTransfer software: