How to Reset Locked iPhone without Passcode
So easy: Unlock your iPhone without knowing your passcode using iTunes (or Finder), a reliable tool, iCloud or the old Siri trick.
As usual, you activate the lock screen to unlock your iPhone. When it prompts you to enter the passcode to get into your iPhone, however, you've forgotten the passcode after changing it recently.
Before seeking help for how to unlock iPhone without passcode, you may try entering 4-digit or 6-digit passcode but the iPhone lock screen just shakes telling you that the code is wrong.
You may even attempt the lock passcodes a few times more to unlock your iPhone and finally get a message saying that iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout. In this case, iPhone still enables you to type in number in the lock screen after the limited lockout period is over. But when continuing to guess incorrect 10 passcodes in a row, you'll get locked out of your iPhone completely.
Whether you can't unlock your iPhone as you forgot the passcode or you're not permitted to enter it again, you get the option to get into a locked iPhone without password by erasing it. And we've listed four solutions on how to unlock iPhone without password below to ease the unlocking process.
Table of Contents
Forgetting the iPhone passcode is a mistake we all could make and iPhone Unlocker gets it. It offers three powerful functions to help unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch without a password.
The Wipe Passcode feature can be used to wipe a 4-digit or 6-digit lock screen passcode, Touch ID or Face ID. How it works is to erase the lock screen then factory reset and unlock an iPhone without passcode.
In addition, its Remove Apple ID feature comes into handy to bypass the iCloud activation lock when you can't remember the Apple ID, while the Screen Time function is a lifesaver to remove the Screen Time passcode without data loss.
Now, you've learned the basic. Download the software and get started to unlock iPhone without password:
Watch the video to unlock iPhone without passcode:
1. Double-click the software icon on your computer on open it up. Then, hook up your iPhone to the computer and in the tool's homepage, go to the Wipe Passcode panel.
2. Next, hit Start button and then you'll enter a screen displaying the information of detected iPhone. Check if it's correct and confirm by clicking the Start button again.
Note: If the tool can't detect your iPhone, you'll need to click the "Device connected but not recognized" and follow the onscreen instructions to put your iPhone into recovery mode.
3. Then, the tool will download the iOS firmware package first. Wait and keep your iPhone connected to the software.
4. When it finishes the download, you'll be asked to confirm unlocking iPhone without password. Just type in "0000" in the field, click Unlock button and you're done.
The process will end in around 10 minutes and after that, your iPhone will restart and boot up as a new phone. You can use the phone again by setting it up from scratch or restore from the recent backup.
Read also: What to do if your iPhone won't turn on
This method only works when the iPhone that you can't unlock without passcode has ever been synced with a computer and it's not completely locked you out. If your iPhone is disabled showing with "Connect to iTunes" alert, move to the next approach.
A quick guide of how to unlock your iPhone without password:
1. Grab an Apple USB cable to attach your iPhone to the computer.
2. In a PC or a Mac running macOS 10.14 or older, open iTunes. In a Mac running macOS 10.15 or newer, launch Finder.
3. Once your iPhone is detected, click your device in the top left corner of iTunes window or in the left sidebar in Finder.
5. Find and click the Restore iPhone button to erase the passcode you can't remember and then access iPhone without entering the passcode.
If you can't let iTunes (or Finder) to recognize and unlock iPhone without knowing the passcode, put it into recovery mode and then get it restored.
In iPhone 8 or later model:
1. With your iPhone disconnected from your computer, power it off by pressing the Side button and either Volume up/ down button and then moving the power off slider to the right.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer while holding the Side button. When your iPhone shows a black screen with a cable indicating attach to computer, release the button and you're in recovery mode.
3. In iTunes (or Finder) window, locate your iPhone and choose Restore. Then, follow the on-screen steps to restore your iPhone back to its factory settings.
In iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus:
1. Disconnect your iPhone from computer, keep pressing the Side button and when the power off slider appears, drag it to turn off your iPhone.
2. Then, keep holding the Volume down button while using a USB cable to attach your iPhone to the computer. When you see the recovery mode screen, let go of the button.
3. Locate your iPhone in iTunes (or Finder) and in the popping up dialog box, choose Restore. Go through the following instructions on the screen to factory reset your iPhone without passcode.
In iPhone 6s or earlier models:
1. Unplug your iPhone from your PC or Mac. Then, holding the Side button until you see the red power off slider. Drag the slider to the right to shut down your iPhone.
2. Next, hook up your iPhone to the computer while holding the Home button. Then, let go of the button when your iPhone enters into recovery mode.
3. On your PC or Mac, locate your iPhone and when getting the options of Restore and Update, go with Restore. Do as what it's prompted in the following and then it'll start downloading the latest iOS software firmware and restore your iPhone.
Can't access a computer? If you intend to open an old iPhone like the one that's running iOS 10 without a passcode, you can try using Siri, which can work sometimes. You can google how to unlock iPhone iOS 10 without passcode via Siri to get the detailed steps.
If you can remember your Apple ID and password and the Find My iPhone feature is turned on your iPhone, iCloud can save your bacon to bypass iPhone lock screen and unlock the device.
Make sure your iPhone is connected to the Internet network stably. Here's how to unlock any iPhone without the passcode.
After having a grasp of methods to unlock iPhone without code and using them to get the job done, you may now want to set up your iPhone from the beginning or restore from previous backup. We'll show you how to do both in the following.
Once your iPhone is set to its factory defaults and reboots, navigate through the instructions on the screen until you reach the Apps & Data screen. If you don't have a backup, choose Don't Transfer Apps & Data and completes the following setup process.
If you have a backup in iCloud or iTunes, just tap Restore from iCloud Backup or Restore from Mac or PC to restore the data back.