If you're looking for ways to transfer videos from a PC to an iPhone, whether you have iTunes installed or not, this ultimate guide will give you the answers you need.
Transferring videos from PC to iPhone is a good idea if you want to share downloaded movies or videos to iPhone for offline viewing.
As Apple's official media management software, iTunes allows you to sync video and other files to iPhone, enabling photo and video transfer from computer to iPhone. But you can also choose other more flexible alternatives, such as iPhone Data Transfer, which lets you transfer video from PC to iPhone without iTunes.
This guide will cover the various ways on how to transfer videos from PC to iPhone, making it easy for anyone to send videos from PC to iPhone and enjoy their favorite content on the go.
Table of Contents
iTunes is a media player developed by Apple that lets you manage and transfer media files. The sync function of iTunes is able to transfer videos from PC to iPhone. You just need to add videos to iTunes library and sync them to iPhone. But you have to update the iTunes to the latest version if it's available.
Simply follow these steps to get your videos from computer to iPhone.
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable.
2. Open the up-to-date iTunes on your desktop.
3. In the upper left corner of iTunes window, select File > Add to Library / Add Folder to Library.
4. Navigate to the folder of the videos you want and add them to your iTunes library.
5. Click the "device" icon to enter summary panel.
6. Choose the "Movies" tab and check "Sync Movies."
7. Select the specific videos you want to sync from the "Movies" list.
8. Click "Sync" and wait for iTunes to sync video from PC to your iPhone.
Alternatively, check "Automatically include x movies, then click "Apply" button. You can then find these transferred videos in the video app or Apple TV app and watch them.
Also see: How to access iTunes backup.
If you don't want to lose your data in the process of transferring videos from PC to your iPhone, iPhone Data Transfer lets you do that without any hassle, controlling what to transfer without touching the existing media files on your iPhone.
It also offers the option to quickly and securely move photos, music, contacts, messages and other files between your computer and iPhone or between iOS devices. With this efficient tool, it will not be a problem to send large videos from computer to iPhone, and your videos will maintain HD quality or original resolution during the transfer.
Here's how to transfer videos from PC to iPhone without iTunes:
Step 1: Plug your iPhone into the PC.
Connect the lighting end on the cable to the iPhone and then connect the opposite end to a USB port on the computer. Your iPhone's information will be displayed on the software.
Step 2: Open Videos library
Once connected, locate the left sidebar and select "Videos" tab. This will open the media library with all your movies, TV shows, Podcasts, Music videos, and other files.
Step 3: Put videos from computer to iPhone
Click the "Plus" icon on the top left, and pick the videos to transfer from PC to iPhone in the pop-up window. You can press the "Ctrl" key to select multiple videos, and then click "Open" to start adding videos to iPhone.
Tip: One benefit of using this program is that it supports almost every type of video formats, such as MOV, MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, FLV, M4V, WebM, etc, and can automatically convert the video that is not readable by iPhone during the transfer process.
In addition to copying videos to iPhone in a straightforward way, this versatile program even allows you to export your files back to desktop, or to iTunes library, or even move to another iPhone or iPad.
There is a video tutorial for you to move videos from PC to iPhone.
Another way to transfer videos from computer to an iPhone is to take advantage of iCloud service provided by Apple, allowing you to store files in the cloud and share and sync them among different devices. By uploading PC videos to iCloud, and then downloading the uploaded videos on iPhone, you can send videos from your PC to iPhone wirelessly.
1. Enable iCloud Photo on your iPhone. Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Photos and turn on iCloud Photos / Sync this iPhone.
2. Next, visit iCloud.com on your computer browser, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
3. Select "Photos" option from the component section.
4. Click the "Upload" button in the upper right corner. It looks like a cloud icon. Browse your PC local folder and select video you want to send to your iPhone. You can upload multiple videos at a time.
5. Wait for the videos to be uploaded from computer to iCloud Photo Library.
6. Once the transfer process is complete, iCloud should sync the videos with your iPhone. You can check them in your iPhone's Photos app.
If you have iCloud for Windows app already installed on your computer, you can also use this app to transfer video from PC to iPhone.
Make sure you use the same Apple ID to sign into iCloud and your iPhone, otherwise, the uploaded videos won't sync. And it's worth noting that iCloud only provides 5GB free space, check there is enough available space to upload videos to avert transfer failure.
In addition to iCloud, you can also transfer videos and photos from PC to iPhone using third-party cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and more, as long as you have a stable Internet connection. These cloud-based services all work similarly.
Actually, not only can VLC be used as a video player on your computer, but it also has the capability to transfer videos from your PC to your iPhone for playback. However, for this to work, VLC media player must be installed on your iPhone, and your iPhone and PC should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Open VLC app on your iPhone. If you haven't installed, get it from App Store.
2. Tap the VLC icon in the top-left corner.
3. Turn on "Sharing via WiFi" and copy the IP address.
4. Open a browser on your computer and paste the IP address.
5. Drag the video from local hard drive and drop them to the webpage.
6. Wait for the videos to be transferred to your iPhone.
You can then access these files in the VLC app on your phone. If required, you're able to save them to your Photos library via Share button. You have option there to "Save [number] Videos."
This is how to transfer videos from computer to iPhone without iTunes or with iTunes. Now start to choose the right solution to transfer your videos to iPhone. Among them, Appgeeker iPhone Data Transfer is worth trying, you don't need to worry about losing data or storage space to get videos from PC to iPhone with it!