How Can You Transfer Photos on iPhone to Mac with DropBox
Dropbox is a online file hosting service that can store your files on server using cloud storage so that you can access the files from anywhere that has Internet access. Any files you save to Dropbox on one device will be synchronized instantly in your another machine with the same account—computers, smartphone, tablet and Dropbox Websites. This is really great if you want to transfer photos from a device like iPhone to your Mac without Lightning connector and iTunes, or you want access to a lot of pictures, videos without taking up so much space on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device from local folder of your computer.
Today, let's take a look at how Dropbox works on transferring photos on iPhone to Mac computer.
Install Dropbox app on iPhone
1. Open the App Store application from your iPhone's home-screen, from the search bar, type Dropbox and download it.
2. Tap the Dropbox app icon to open it.
If you already have a Dropbox account click I'm already a Dropbox user and enter in your Dropbox account information.
or tap I'm new to Dropbox to set up a new account. You will only need to supply your First name, Last name, email address and a password to get started. After that, back to the home page of Dropbox, tap Sign in enter in your account information in the boxes provided.
3. When you log in a message box will then pop-up saying Dropbox would like to Access Your Photos. tap OK.
4. On the top right corner there is a Enable button. You can turn it on if you want to upload all of your photos from camera roll to Dropbox automatically. If you're unsure, go ahead and ignore it. You can then set it in Settings button.
Please keep in mind that Dropbox only gives you 2GB of free space, which is definitively not enough. You can either subscribe a individuals Pro plan with $8.25 / month to get 1TB of space, or a Business plan with $12.50 / user / month. Also, if you have a large number of photos, videos, music, contacts to be transferred to your Mac or another iPhone/ iPad/ Android device, you may give iOS data transfer a try, all-in-one utility that transfers everything among iOS, Android and computer. See a detailed instruction about how to transfer iPhone photos to Mac or PC.
Install Dropbox on your Mac
1. First, go to the Dropbox website at www.dropbox.com and then click on the big blue button in the middle of the screen to download the app on your Mac computer.
2. While it downloads, open it.
3. Next, you will want to log in using the same email and password you used registering on your iPhone
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac via Dropbox
Now that you have Dropbox set up on your both iPhone and Mac machine, you're ready to transfer photos from your iPhone to Mac without going through the hassle of attaching your iPhone to Mac.
1. First, launch your Dropbox App from the home screen of your iPhone.
2. tap the 3 small dots in the in the upper navigation.
3. tap on the Upload menu item.
4. It will drop down a menu letting you choose which photos to upload. You can navigation to your Camera Roll, Photo Stream, or any other album on your iPhone and then tap on the photos you want to upload. A blue checkmark appears next to the photo indicating the file has been selected.
5. Tap Next to enter the Save Settings screen. Choose which folder your want photos uploaded to. By default, they will go into your Dropbox folder but, you can store them in a specific folder or create a new folder.
6. tap the blue Upload menu item in the upper right corner of the app screen. Dropbox will begin uploading your photos.
You photos will be saved on the cloud and ready to be access by your Mac or any other device like iPad, Android smartphone, tablet with the same account.
7. You can either open the Dropbox app or go to dropbox.com via browser.
8. Navigate to the photo album which you want to download.
9. Click on the empty space to the right of the folder's name to select it.
10. Click Download button that appears at the top of the window. Your browser prompts you to save the folder as a single ZIP compressed file, then click on Save and specify a location to download.
11. Your photo album will now be downloaded to Mac.
Note 1: if you have let the app taking control of syncing your photos automatically (you can set it in Settings > Camera Upload, and toggle it on), the Download button shown in step 10 will be replaced with an Open button, which means that the folders are already synced with your computer's local Dropbox folder. You can simply click the Open button to get into the local folder in your file explorer.
Note 2: If the entire folder exceeds 1 GB or has over 10,000 files, you will have to use the Dropbox desktop application to download the entire folder to your computer rather than using the online dropbox.com method.
That's all there is to it.